Types of Services Offered
- General Anesthesia-Safety and efficacy of General Anesthesia at:
- Monitored Anesthesia Care: with and without sedation
- Regional Anesthesia: Sub-Arachnoid Block & Epidural
- Major and Minor Nerve Blocks: featuring Ultrasound Guided Techniques
- Brachial Plexus – procedures of the arms, shoulders-rotator cuff, and hands
- Femoral Nerve – for procedures of the lower extremity
- Popliteal Fossa (Sciatic) – procedures below knee (Achilles, Ankle)
- TAP (Transversus Abdominis Plane) – for major Abdominal
- Ileo-Inguinal Hypogastric Nerve – for Inguinal Hernia Repairs
- Ankle, Wrist, and Digital Nerve – for the hand and foot
- Others – (view examples at): http://www.nysora.com
Anesthesia Department Members bi-monthly provide patient specific, tailor made pain management strategies/plans to patients attending the Total Joint Replacement Class. For information on these TJTCs – please contact the Outpatient Surgery Department at (304) 257-5815 ext. 2314.
Clinical Colleagues, Inc. (CCI) is the Anesthesia management group selected by Grant Memorial Hospital to implement and provide patient-centric standardized care initiatives based upon national best practices. Through the use of a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) model, standardized care procedures are performed by the nurse anesthetists under the direction of a surgeon.
The licensed CRNA is authorized to deliver comprehensive anesthesia care under the Nurse Practice Act of West Virginia. Their anesthesia practice consists of all accepted anesthetic techniques including general, epidural, spinal, sedation, or local. The CRNA model ensures quality and compassionate anesthesia care with positive clinical outcomes.
Our Anesthesia Department consists of 3 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists.
*Licensure: Nationally and by the State of WV, verify at:
https://portal.nbcrna.com/credential-verification & https://wvrn.boardsofnursing.org/licenselookup with additional certifications in:
BLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) & practice according to the Standards and Guidelines set forth by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA). View at: https://www.aana.com/membership/become-a-crna
+Anesthetists are contracted independent providers of anesthesia care through: Clinical Colleagues Incorporated: http://www.ccianesthesia.com/
For information on the safety, efficacy, and cost-effectiveness of the CRNA, view: https://www.aana.com/docs/default-source/news-documents—public/quality-of-care-in-anesthesia.pdf?sfvrsn=99e144b1_4 & https://cms.aana.com/docs/default-source/pr-aana-com-web-documents-(all)/news-and-journal—news/nec_mj_10_hogan.pdf?sfvrsn=6d304bb1_4