Spirometry, with or without brochodilators is the most common form of pulmonary function testing. This non-invasive test takes anywhere from 30
minutes to 1-1/2 hours to complete and can be performed in our Respiratory Therapy Department.
- Measures how much air you can inhale and exhale
- Measures how fast you can empty the air out of your lungs
- Can be used to help diagnose breathing problems such as; COPD and Asthma
- Can monitor disease processes over time
- Helps to determine the severity of a disease