Monday - Friday: 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Weekends & Holidays: 7:30AM - 4:00PM
The backbone of medication...
Grant Memorial Hospital's Pharmacy Department places a priority on providing high quality pharmaceutical care to patients in a safe and efficient manner. We maintain a well-stocked formulary under the direction of registered pharmacists to provide a comprehensive range of pharmaceutical services which are provided 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays, with staff on site 8 hours a day. Nightwatch Remote Pharmacy Services provides after-hours pharmacy coverage, ensuring that patients receive the same level of medication safety at night as they do during the day.
Our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians provide daily medication services which include:
- Unit dose drug distribution system where all doses are dispensed to inpatients in individualized and properly labeled packages to ensure safety and accuracy
- Review all medication orders with the patients medication profile for accuracy, drug-drug interactions, and adverse reactions
- Prepare sterile intravenous admixtures consistent with USP practice guidelines
- Provide drug information for healthcare on online pharmacy
- Monitor and assist in renal and pharmacokinetic dosing of medications
- Provide IV to PO conversion of medications
- Monitor therapeutic drug class interchange
- Prepare and monitor total parenteral nutrition
- Employee outpatient prescription dispensing
- Medication assistance through drug manufacturer programs